What you receive:
Our method of meditation is an ancient one, originating in India and beneficial to all people of all backgrounds. The teaching was brought to the West in the late 1950s by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi and its philosophical origin is Advaita Vedanta, or non-duality.
The course costs £300. We are always happy to facilitate payment by instalments. Children join for free.
We are a registered not-for-profit (charity number: 1171296) and income we receive from new members is used to make meditation available to as many people as possible.
Courses take place over five weeks, starting at 7pm and last approximately 90 minutes. Below is a brief summary of the themes considered during each week of the course:
• Learning to stop
• Stepping back from thoughts and feelings
• The value of listening
• Circling thoughts
• The habit of restlessness
• The practice of stopping
• Reflections from a member of the School
• The practice of meditation
• How the method of meditation is given
• Beginning to practise
• Support from the School
• The giving of the method of meditation. Please note that the giving of the method of meditation takes place in a simple, traditional ceremony, in person, even for those joining an online course.
If you have any questions about the course, please visit our building in West London, email us, or call the office. Our staff are available between 10:30am and 5:00pm on week days and are always happy to have a conversation about meditation.
Click below to book:Wednesday - 27th September 2023